“If you do not know where you come from, then you don’t know where you are, and if you don’t know where you are, then you don’t know where you‘re going. And if you don’t know where you‘re going, you‘re probably going wrong.”
By analysing your existing IT estate and checking for vulnerabilities and security risk you can get a good picture of where you stand. SafePC will do a full appraisal of your existing structures, devices and processes to help identify security risk along with an analysis of how to mitigate this risk and secure your IT. This can be essential when looking for IT governance and certification, along with being a legal requirement for GDPR.
Typically the audit will cover the following areas;
- Initial chat (online) to assess what clients have and use, namely the infrastructure and equipment, how the IT operates and what the IT is primarily used for.
- Listing of any web resources used and web presence.
- Workstation and server vulnerability scans.
- External scan and pen testing of all IT listed resources.
- Internal scan and security audit of IT processes, cyber security compliance and ITIL governance.
- Assessment of adherence to Microsoft Best Practice and the UK National Cyber Security Centre recommendations.
- Full security report of weak and vulnerable areas with specific steps to guide resolution.
This list is not exhaustive but gives a basic idea of what to expect. The audit design will be generally established more fully during the online chat.